The Next Step group coaching programme offers space for a supportive collection of aspiring accountants to help each other achieve their career goals.
- Have you just started your career in accounting?
- Are you currently a part-qualified accountant, thinking of what is the next step for your career?
- Are you looking for ways to improve how you work, but not sure where to start?
Then you are in the right place.
What is this program and how will you benefit?
This unique 3 months group coaching program is designed:
- To help you improve efficiency at work. The month-end closing does not require long working hours!
- To prepare yourself for the next step up from performing transaction work.
- To create a clearer goal in your career so you can plan and take necessary steps towards it.
- To create a supportive network of accountants from different industries and backgrounds.
The three core elements of the program are:
1) Teaching aspect where I will lead the discussion and deliver points of thought for you to take away
2) Safe space for you to share your challenges and opportunities with the group.
3) Accountability – at the end of each session, you will share with the group what actions you will take, and you will update the progress to the group at the beginning of the following meeting.
How the session is structured:
A session will last 60 mins (except for the first session, which will be 90 mins. The extra 30mins will be used for introduction to group coaching).
The first 20mins will be used to explore the topic set for the session. I will share the outline of the topics in advance.
The second 30 mins will be used for each participant to share their challenges and opportunities (each person gets 6 mins). How much you want to share is up to you. The rest of the group is encouraged to practice listening skills and ask open questions.
The last 10 mins will be used to wrap up the session and agree on the action points you will take before we meet again.
Date and place
Next programme starts in January 2020. We will meet at 6:30 pm, and below is a quick outline of the topics covered.
- 21st January – Practical tips you can use from tomorrow: It’s all about logical thinking.
- 4th February – Time management: Month-end is going to be a breeze.
- 3rd March – How to manage your manager and auditor: Think 360 degrees.
- 17th March – Improve what? : Identify Risks and Opportunities.
- 31st March – Vision for the future: the world is your oyster.
NB: The dates can be flexible if all participants agree with the proposed change.
The maximum intake for the group is 5 people.
We will meet at the cafe located close to the Bank station in Central London.
If you are interested, please message me for more detail.
Amy’s background in accounting
After getting the ACA qualification at PwC Reading, I decided to take a career break to pursue my interest in music and guitar. In 2009, I moved to Tokyo – I was a student at a guitar craft school in the morning and in the afternoon, I worked part-time at a Japanese accounting firm. After staying 18 months in Japan, I decided to move back to the UK and resumed my career as an accountant. Since then, I have worked for various companies and worked with many talented professionals.
I came across coaching in 2018 and since then my interest has shifted from being a hands-on manager to how to develop people. I want to wake you up so you can see how talented you are.